For what purposes is natural gas used in houses?
Natural gas in used in our houses majorly in three ways. These are heating, obtaining hot water and cooking.
Why does natural gas have high yield?
Since this fuel is in gaseous state, it is easier for it mix with oxygen and it has full combustion. Solid and liquid fuels on the other hand, have incomplete combustion in carbon dioxide form. Therefore, natural gas is a fuel with higher yield since it can perform full combustion and has been the cheapest fuel for years.
In what ways is natural gas superior?
• Natural gas is an 'environment-friendly' energy source that does not pollute the environment. It does not form pollutant sulphur oxide and carbon wastes within it.
• It is an attractive gas with high calorific value which is rapidly becoming widespread across the world.
• It combusts with high yield, because combustible and burning molecules can merge easier since it is in gaseous state.
• You have the chance to use the energy at desired amounts and save since it is suitable for automatic control.
• It can be burned within a short time and switched off when required.
• You don't need to store gas at boiler rooms since it is used with fewer problems with all kinds of security systems.
• It is cheaper compared to other fuels.
• While 30 years are given for known sources of oil, this duration is 70 years for natural gas.
What must be done in case of natural gas leakage?
• Building entrance floor and all windows opening to bright field must be opened in order to ventilate the place.
• Main natural gas input valve at building entrance must be switched off.
• Open flames must be put out.
• You must not strike matches, flick lighters or smoke.
• Electric devices must not be operated.
• They must not be turned off if they are in operational state.
• You must immediately inform the natural gas company or the dealer, which has built the installation, or authorized service.
• Natural gas emergency number is: 187.
• Phones of the building having natural gas leakage must not be used in any case.
• Push buttons and door bells must on no account be used.
• Building manager must be informed.
• Elevators and similar devices must be operated.
What must one pay attention to while choosing central heating boiler?
You must consider heat losses of your house while choosing central heating boiler. You must pay attention to the following matters:
• Your flat will have different heating requirements since heat loss will be less in case insulation exists in the building where your flat is located. Heat insulation is the biggest factor providing saving in fuel consumption.
• It is not right to associate m² area of your flat with heat loss individually. In addition to size of your house, you must also consider the exterior area it has, and ceiling height.
• Façade of your building affects heat losses directly. Buildings with northern façade have higher heat loss than buildings with façade in other directions.
• Position of your flat within the building and the fact that upper and lower flats are empty or full, are factors that affect heat loss. Flats, which are located in mezzanines, and upper and lower floors of which are full, have less heat loss.
• Doors and windows in your house are critical points for heat loss. Number of your doors and windows, and their features such as surface area and thermal transmittance affect your heat requirements.
• Installation characteristics of your flat also affect heating performance.
• You must choose position and length of your radiators in line with the heat requirement of your house.
How do we perform device maintenance, and do we have to do it every year?
• You must have your authorized service maintain your device before winter periodically once a year for healthier, longer and more efficient operation.
• Authorized service to perform maintenance controls all functions of your device, and prepares your device for the new season without problem by performing its general cleaning, required adjustments and alterations. Regarding this matter, you can guarantee service for long years with our premiums 'Plus Warranty' or 'Stars of Warranty' if you wish.
• If you are using flue type central heating boiler, geyser, stove (Natural Gas, LPG), floor heating or solid waste stove, have cleaning and examination of the flue your device is connected to made for your own safety!
What are the features of fluid devices? Why must they be preferred?
• Fluid devices are systems, in which required combustion air is taken from the environment and waste gases are thrown out through a proper flue in central heating boilers, geysers or natural gas stoves. Constant fresh combustion air is required in the environment of fluid devices. Therefore you must have ventilation culverts open to atmosphere and keep these culverts open all the time. The flue, which the waste gas is connected to, must have proper sizes and good draught conditions.
What are the features of hermetic devices? Why must they be preferred?
• Hermetic devices are used in cases, where there are no flues compatible with special systems used in central heating boilers, geysers or natural gas stoves, or ventilation conditions cannot be met. In hermetic devices, fresh air required for combustion is taken from the outer atmosphere by means of a fan and waste gas, which forms as a result of combustion is thrown to the atmosphere through the same system. There is no need to ventilate the environment since combustion takes place in a complete closed cell and combustion air is used as outer air. These devices are also called "surge tank devices".
What is condensing central heating boiler? Why must it be preferred?
• Condensing central heating boilers are devices, which obtain additional yield and thus obtain fuel economy by conducting high temperature waste flue gases, which are directly thrown out in classical (conventional) central heating boilers, through re-cycling. Through condensing technology, water vapour in gaseous state thrown out to the atmosphere is liquefied through condensation. The heat emerging during this change of state is used for heating of heater water. Thus, it uses more thermal energy in your heating system by consuming the same amount of fuel, and provides saving up to 20%.
How can I use my central heating boiler more economically?
• Have your insulation performed properly should the door, glass, wall and roof insulation of the building is insufficient. Heat loss in your roof is around 20%. Moreover, you will ensure complete and definite saving through E.C.A. thermostatic valves you will install on your panel radiators. Besides, you can reduce your heating costs by also using thermostat outside air or room thermostat.
Which one is more economic; central heating boiler or central system?
• Central heating boiler provides individual heating comfort and economy. Thus, you can warm yourself up for any time and as much as you want. Besides, there is no need for use of an additional device (geyser, water heater, boiler etc.) for hot water thanks to the central heating boilers, which are also used in heating of hot domestic water. However, use of central boiler is more advantageous than central heating boiler regarding fuel consumption in apartments having 4 or more flats.
In what position must I use the central heating boiler at night?
• We recommend you to reduce heater water temperature of the central heating boiler at night. Complete shut-down of the central heating boiler causes more energy to be spent for heating the house and fuel consumption to increase when it is switched on again.
How must we determine boiler capacity in central system?
• When the capacity of the new boiler located in the building to use natural gas is to be detected, one must first examine the capacity of the old boiler, if any Along with that, you must also calculate the number of radiators in the building and water volume, and check whether the current coiler capacity complies. Should there be heating problem in the building, you must make heat loss calculation and select boiler complying with this capacity.
I have cast iron radiators. Can I use these in central heating boiler installation?
• Yes you can. Water volume taken by one sector of the current radiator is known, and the number of radiators in flat and total volume of water circulating in the installation is calculated. Central heating boiler may be used if the water volume in the installation is sufficient for the expansion tank of the central heating boiler used, and the maximum installation water capacity written on the catalogue on this central heating boiler. Should the expansion tank of the selected central heating boiler not meet this, attachment of an additional expansion tank can be suggested (ECA central heating boilers have 8 litres of expansion tank).
Can central heating boilers be operated with LPG (bottled gas)?
• It is possible to use central heating boilers with LPG in areas where natural gas is not used yet. It can be operated with three parallel tubes by means of two parallel tubes or one collector. Tubes must be no-frost type and be used with suitable hood. All safety conditions in LPG use must be complied with.
Panel radiators at the furthest end point do not heat enough. What must I do?
• Radiators have two connection points; one is hot water input and the other one is the return to your device after leaving its heat. Close the valves at hot water input and cold water output locations of heated groups of these radiators. Later, direct all the hot water you have obtained from your device to radiators, which do not heat or heat partially. And let the air inside the panel radiator out by using air relief cock switch. Following this process, warm your house by opening all your radiators at required amount. What you must pay attention to is to completely open the valves of places you use the most, while open partially the valves of other places.
What must I do when the water pressure of central heating system drops?
• It is recommended to maintain the water pressure of central heating system between 1.5-2 bars. Central heating boilers do not activate in order to prevent damage to your device when there is insufficient water in central heating system. In such cases, you can fill water in your central heating system by using the filling cock located at the bottom part of your device. You must have your system examined if your system pressure is constantly dropping.
What is frost protection? How does it activate?
• Frost protection of your device activates once output temperature of central heating system water drops below 5°C and your device keeps operating until it rises up to 15°C. The following conditions must be met for activation of frost protection.
o Power supply of your device must be switched on and the device must be in 'ON' or 'Summer' condition.
o Gas valve and radiator valves must be open.
o Central heating system must have proper water pressure.
How many amps of fuse must be connected to the central heating boiler?
• For central heating boilers, it is enough to connect fuse between 2-6 Amperes.
What do the summer and winter conditions in central heating boiler mean?
• While in 'Summer' condition, your central heating boiler activates when you need hot water and meets it. While in 'Winter' condition, it meets both your hot water and heating requirements.